As an independent comprehensive adviser, Costa is dedicated to the highest ethical standards. Costa’s aim is to help his clients realize and exceed their goals and objectives utilizing a long-term relationship based approach. He has created an award winning practice with Pacific Capital Resource Group focusing on working with business owners and high net worth families in the areas of investment and risk management.
Costa moved to Oregon in the fall of 2009 to open and become the branch manager of the Lake Oswego office for Pacific Capital.
In his free time, Costa enjoys spending time with his wife Kacie and their two beautiful daughters.
- Listed in Seattle Magazine, “Five Star: Best in Client Satisfaction Wealth Manager,” 2012**
- Listed in Portland Monthly, “Five Star: Best in Client Satisfaction Wealth Manager,” 2013, 2014, 2015**
- National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors
- General Agents Managers Association, Leaders of Today & Tomorrow
- Washington State University Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2010-Present
- Washington Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Guild Member, 2007 & 2008
- Passed FINRA Series 7, 24 & 66 Exams
- Life & Health Insurance
- Investment Advisor Representative, Hornor, Townsend & Kent
Areas of Focus
- Estate Planning & Charitable Planning
- Business Continuation & Transfer
- Proactive Tax Deferral Strategies for Businesses
- Buy/Sell Agreement Funding
- Deferred Compensation & Non Qualified Retirement Plans
- Risk Management
- Investment Management*
- Retirement Planning
**The Five Star Wealth Manager Award, administered by Crescendo Buiness Services, LLC (dba Five Star Professional), is based on 10 objective criteria:
1) Credentialed as an investment advisory representative (IAR) or a registered investment advisor;
2) Actively employed as a credentialed professional in the financial services industry for a minimum of five years;
3) Favorable regulatory and complaint history review;
4) Fulfilled their firm review based on internal firm standards;
5) Accepting new clients;
6) One-year client retention rate;
7) Five-year client retention rate;
8) Non-institutionalized discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered;
9) Number of client households served;
10) Educational and professional designations.
Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or awarded.
Once awarded, wealth managers may opt to purchase additional profile ad space or related award promotional products. The award methodology does not evaluate the quality of services provided. The award is not indicative of the award winner's future performance. 2,023 Seattle wealth managers were considered for the award; 530 (27 percent of the award candidates) were named Five Star Wealth Managers.
To qualify as having a favorable regulatory and complaint history for this award, the person cannot have (1) been subject to a regulatory action that resulted in a license being suspended or revoked, or payment of a fine, (2) had more than a total of three customer complaints filed against them (settled or pending) with any regulatory authority or Five Star Professional's consumer complaint process, (3) individually contributed to a financial settlement of a customer complaint filed with a regulatory authority, (4) filed for bankruptcy, or (5) been convicted of a felony.